In recognition of hitting the 30,000 mark on Facebook, we atGeorge Mason University decided to declare July Fan Appreciation Month. So we asked you to write on our Facebook wall and tell us why you are Mason’s No. 1 fan.
We got so many great reasons. We laughed; we cried. We were so thankful so many of you told us why you love Mason. It made us love Mason even more. But we had to narrow it down, so we finally chose our top seven finalists. We hope you like their stories as much as we do.
They will be appearing on this blog over the next week. Beginning with Joe Little today, check back every morning to read a new profile. Then, next Monday, we’ll open the online vote. Be sure to come back and vote for your favorites. You’re allowed one vote per day per IP address. So make it count!
Oh, and just as a reminder: In addition to being able to brag about being Mason’s No. 1 fan, the person with the most votes will also win a sweet Mason-themed prize package, including:
- Dinner for two at Boxwoods, the restaurant at the new Mason Inn Conference Center and Hotel
- Lunch for two at Southside and a sustainable travel mug, courtesy of Mason Dining
- Tickets for two to a performance at the Center for the Arts
- A $20 gift card to the Mason bookstore
- A Coach L bobblehead
- Assorted Mason trinkets, courtesy of the Mason Alumni Association
Now happy reading and don’t forget to vote beginning July 19!