Winter 2007 Features
- The Tao of Coach L
- How did Jim Larranaga turn Mason's men's basketball program into a hoops juggernaut? By placing zero emphasis on winning.
- Gold Rush
- Campus spirit groups gather strength and momentum this season.
- Living History
- A special library project captures the university's legacy as it is made.
- Game Faces: Murielle Ahoure
- A look at track and field athlete Murielle Ahoure.
- Brain Domain
- Mason neuroscientists are constructing a virtual brain that will revolutionize the field.
- Friends 'Til the End
- A spirited alumni group has traditions of its own.
- Human-Powered Journey
- Former corporate suit trades the office for the outdoors and a dangerous worldwide trek.
Update on Private Support
Inside Patriot Circles
- Top Cop
- Mason alumnus named Alexandria police chief.
- Alumni Take Helm at Business Alliance
- Finding Her Voice
- Alumna brings personal perspective to research on speech impairments.
- More Transitions
About the Spirit
The Mason Spirit is produced for the alumni and friends of George Mason University by the following offices:
- Office of Alumni Affairs
- Christine Clark-Talley, associate vice president
- Andy Ackley, senior associate director
- Katie Mirick Thomasson, MPA '03, associate director
- Darren Silvis, associate director
- Carol Swigart, BA '06, assistant director
- Carole Richardson, alumni relations coordinator
- Office of University Relations
- Colleen Kearney Rich, MFA '95, managing editor
- Tara Laskowski, MFA '05, assistant editor
- David Driver,
- Ken Budd, BA '88, MA '97, contributing editor
- Lynn Burke, copy editor
- Joan Dall'Acqua, graphic designer
- WebComm, web design