Winter 2008 Features
- Research Roundup
- This issue’s roundup looks at chores and marriage, the high
cost of commuting, and driving out of state.
- The Five-Minute Interview
- George Mason biographer Jeff Broadwater talks about
a favorite founding father.
- Bridezillas and Bliss
- New course introduces students to the challenges of wedding
and special event planning.
- Defense Mechanism
- Mason’s on-the-rise ROTC program gives students far more
than basic training.
- Write On!
- The university’s prolific provost publishes his 100th book.
- Plane and Simple
- Researchers in Mason’s ARCH Lab are working to make air
- Game Faces: Ian Robert Summers
- A look at forensics phenom, Ian Robert Summers.
- On Top of the World
- CNN International’s Hala Gorani became a top Middle East reporter the
old-fashioned way—by talking to real people in dangerous places.
Inside Patriot Circles
Update on Private Support
- A Novel Choice
- Newbery Medal-winning alumna Sharon Creech
has made a career of writing what she knows.
- Groovers and Shakers
- The hardest-working band in college sports
is revving up the Patriot Center.
- On the Map
- As controversy swirled around his dissertation, Sean Gorman
realized his future and founded a company
- More Transitions
About the Spirit
The Mason Spirit is produced for the alumni and friends of George Mason University by the following offices:
- Office of Alumni Affairs
- Christine Clark-Talley, associate vice president
- Andy Ackley, senior associate director
- Katie Mirick Thomasson, MPA '03, associate director
- Carol Swigart, BA '06, assistant director
- Carole Richardson, alumni relations coordinator
- Office of University Relations
- Colleen Kearney Rich, MFA '95, managing editor
- Lynn Burke, assistant editor
- , assistant editor
- Ken Budd, BA '88, MA '97, Tara Laskowski, MFA '06, contributing editor s
- Joan Dall'Acqua, graphic designer
- WebComm, web design