There were six worthy finalists for the Mason’s Biggest Fan contest, but two leaders broke away from the pack early on and never looked back.
Josh Holman and Joe Little, both mega Mason sports fans, got the public’s attention in a big way. Throughout the week, they traded the lead back and forth in a tight race while their fans rallied around them and voted furiously, commenting on the Mason Spirit blog and on Facebook with their support.
In the end, at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday evening, Josh Holmanpulled out the win with a narrow margin of 82 votes.
Holman is a true Patriot fan to the core. With his Mason Room decorated with all kinds of Mason sports memorabilia, his blog dedicated to Mason basketball news, and all his memories of meeting his wife and lifelong friends at Mason, Holman’s passion for his alma mater shines through.
And if the title of Mason’s Biggest Fan isn’t enough, Holman also gets a great prize package of Mason goods, including:
- Dinner for two at Boxwoods, the new restaurant in the new Mason Inn Hotel and Conference Center
- Lunch for two at Southside and a sustainable travel mug, courtesy of Mason Dining
- Tickets for two to a performance at the Center for the Arts
- A $20 gift card to the Mason Barnes and Noble bookstore
- A Coach L bobblehead
- Assorted Mason trinkets, courtesy of the Mason Alumni Association and Development Office
Thanks to all our finalists for a great competition, and thank you to all who voted in the poll. Here are the final vote tallies:
Josh Holman – 2,474 votes
Joe Little – 2,392 votes
Kathy Menafee – 175 votes
Laura May—172 votes
Barry McCabe – 110 votes
Alia Zeitoun– 30 votes